Carstens & Cahoon, LLP has partnered with the JL Turner Legal Association Foundation to offer a $750 scholarship to a diverse law student interested in Intellectual Property.
The following criteria are to be considered:
- Science or Engineering undergraduate degree (strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated interest in Intellectual Property Law (courses, seminars, club memberships, etc…)
- Connection to DFW and/or Intent to practice in DFW
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- Current law student at accredited law school
- In good academic standing (verified with current transcript)
- Not yet a licensed attorney (either enrolled in law school or studying for bar exam)
- Current Resume
- ESSAY: please describe your interest in IP and your desire to practice law in DFW or Texas (1 page maximum)
The DEADLINE TO APPLY is 09/30/15, email or mail application materials to Kandace Walter.
The scholarship recipient will receive one ticket and an additional complimentary ticket for a guest to the 2015 JL Turner Legal Association Foundation Annual Scholarship Gala in Dallas which will be held on October 24, 2015.
For questions, please contact Kandace Walter at (972) 248-8080.